A Healthy, Homemade Dog Treat Alternative For Store-Bought Treats
Jan 27, 2023
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of water
Preheat your oven to 350F (175C).
In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and oats.
In a separate bowl, mash the banana and mix it with the egg, peanut butter, and water.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
Knead the dough on a floured surface, and roll it out to 1/4 inch thickness.
Use a cookie cutter or a knife to cut the dough into desired shapes.
Place the treats on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from the oven and let cool completely before serving to your dog.
- These treats are best stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- You can adjust the recipe according to your dog's dietary restrictions or allergies.
- Always consult with a veterinarian before making significant changes to your dog's diet.
This recipe is a great way to make homemade dog treat that is healthy and packed with nutrients. The banana is a good source of potassium and vitamins, while the oats provide fiber, and the peanut butter contains healthy fats. Whole wheat flour and eggs are also good source of protein for dogs. These homemade dog treats are a great alternative to store-bought treats and allow you to have control over the ingredients that go into them.